Some interesting facts about Alderman Fenwicks House. One of Newcastle’s finest buildings, originally built around 1660. The building closed in 1963 and proposals made to demolish it. Used as a business centre since 1997, the building was restored by the Tyne and Wear Buildings Preservation Trust. Open to the public on heritage open days. The building has Newcastle’s most beautiful cupola.