Five ways to enjoy the Victoria Tunnel.
1) Go to Ouse Street in Ouseburn and read the many heritage panels explaining the Tunnel and its history.
2) Walk in St Thomas’ Churchyard by the Civic Centre and read the heritage panel
3) Walk up Claremont Road and see one of the former entrances to the tunnel, by the side of the Great North Museum
4) Get a copy of the “Sirens and Shrapnel” tour and walk the overland route of the Victoria Tunnel
5) Contact the Ouseburn Trust and arrange to go on a tour of the Victoria Tunnel, highly recommended.